The dissertation is entitled:: ”Cardiovascular risk stratification and renal effects of weight loss and GLP-1 receptor agonism in type 2 diabetes”
Conclusions from his dissertations:
- CVD risk prediction can be improved by combining biomarkers with a cardiac CT.
- Impaired coronary flow reserve is frequent in patients with type 2 diabetes and albuminuria.
- Liraglutide treatment was associated with reduction in albuminuria, blood pressure, kidney function and inflammatory markers.
- Minor to moderate treatment-induced weight reduction was not associated with changes in creatinine, hence estimation of kidney function by creatinine-based equations can be used.
- Large weight reductions however can affect creatinine levels, warranting caution in the estimation of kidney function.