1. Incidence of Type 1 diabetes in Denmark
Continuous follow-up of incidence rates of T1D in Denmark with use of national registers.
2. Incidence of Type 1 diabetes in Europe
Create a Eurodiab register with continuous follow-up of T1D incidence rates across Europe.
3. Quality of care studies among children and adolescents with T1D
Follow quality of care of childhood diabetes in Denmark and identify risk factors for poor outcomes.
1. Trends in incidence of Type 1 Diabetes in Denmark - influence of country of origin and sociodemographic factors
Aim: By use of data from population-based nationwide clinical and administrative register the aim is to study trends in incidence of T1D in Denmark and whether immigrant status, socioeconomic factors, urban vs. rural living and number of children in household are associated with T1D.
Collaborators: Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine Herlev hospital, representatives from the board of Danish society for childhood and adolescent diabetes.
2. Trends in incidence of Type 1 Diabetes in Europe
Aim: Based on data from European Centres we aim to describe the development and differences in incidence of type 1 diabetes in children in Europe.
Collaborators: Research Centres and University hospitals in 20+ European countries
3. Influence of improved metabolic control on cardiovascular risk factors in T1D
Aim: Based on the unique Danish Childhood diabetes register we aim to describe the development and balance between HbA1c levels and cardiovascular risk factors (BMI, lipids and blood pressure).
Collaborators: Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine Herlev hospital and representatives from the Danish society for childhood and adolescent diabetes.