Design and method
Multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group randomized clinical trial. There are 17 visits of ½-4 hours duration over a period of 3 years and 3 months.
- Have type 1 diabetes
- Between 18 and 70 years old
- Have microalbuminuria or moderate macroalbuminuria
- Have an estimated kidney function between 40 – 99.9 ml/min/1.73 m2
- Have a blodpressure under 160/100 mmHg
- Have not previously had a arthritis diagnosis
Expected ending and outcome
The Project started in December 2012 and are expected to end March 2019. The recruitment process has ended and we are not looking for more participants.
Alessandro Doria, MD PhD MPH
Joslin Diabetes Center and Harvard Medical School