1. Obesity epidemiology: causes of obesity and the associated health consequences such as type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease
2. Register-based analyses: linkage of clinical and epidemiological data with national registers
3. Life course epidemiology: analyses of patterns in glycaemic control over a life course with diabetes
4. Ethnicity and global health: differences in lifestyle diseases between populations
5. Epidemiological research in Greenland: research related to obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases in Greenland
1. Trends in lipids and lipid-lowering drugs
Aim: to examine trends in lipid levels and lipid-lowering drugs among patients with type 2 diabetes.
Collaborators: Marit Eika Jørgensen (SDCC), Bendix Carstensen (SDC), Frederik Persson (SDCC).
Aim: identify patterns in glycaemic control over a life course in patients with type 1 diabetes and understand what factors drive them and when deterioration begins.
Collaborators: Dorte Vistisen (SDCC), Gregers Stig Andersen (SDCC), Jannet Svensson (Herlev Hospital), Adam Hulman (SDCA), Dana Dabelea (University of Colorado)