Furthermore, in families with type 2 diabetes, the rest of the family have a high risk of developing type 2 diabetes themselves.
The study highlights these issues through the following objectives:
- To study needs and problem areas in families and among healthcare professionals.
- To develop methods to generate involvement and action competence in families.
- To develop methods to prevent the spread of type 2 diabetes to family members.
- To develop methods to develop competences in health care professionals regarding family involvement.
Design and method
Design based co-creation study including the following phases:
- Needs assessment
- Prototype testing
- Feasibility testing
- Families with at least one case of type 2 diabetes
- Healthcare professionals
- Improved knowledge about mutual involvement in families with type 2 diabetes
- Innovative approaches, tools, methods and/or theories to create positive involvement in families.
The Danish Diabetes Association
The Capital Region
The Region of Southern Denmark